CHANGES DUE TO TORNADO CLEANUP
- Extended hours from Monday, March 30, 2020 through Saturday, April 4, 2020: 7 AM - 6 PM
- As per City of Jonesboro Resolution No 1998:38 passed 6/15/98, a fee will be charged for construction type material and storm debris. Receipts will be provided for the customer's use to request reimbursement from their insurance company or FEMA (if a FEMA program is available). Residents from inside the city limits of Jonesboro will NOT be charged for normal household waste such as food scraps, clothing, furniture, etc.
- NO yard waste, trees, or tree limbs will be accepted at Legacy Landfill. These need to be hauled to the "sand pit" at Strawfloor and Tall Birch.
- By State regulation, batteries and tires CANNOT be placed in the landfill. Those items should be kept separate when brought to Legacy Landfill so they can be disposed of properly.
- The Lake City Transfer Station will be open regular hours, Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm. NO STORM DEBRIS, CONSTRUCTION WASTE OR GREEN WASTE ACCEPTED AT THE LAKE CITY TRANSFER STATION.
How Am I Charged?
***The document below is a copy of Resolution No. 1998:38 adopted by the City of Jonesboro in 1998 that establishes that there will be fees for construction/remodeling type materials disposed of at the landfill.***
LAKE CITY TRANSFER STATION
HOURS: 8AM - 4:30PM MONDAY - FRIDAY
ADDRESS: 12622 HWY 18E, LAKE CITY, AR
Tree limbs, grass clippings, leaves, and
shrubbery trimmings go to the Jonesboro Incinerator located on Lacy Dr (off of Dan Ave).
Please visit their website by clicking here.
Their phone number is 870-932-7520.
When will my trash be picked up?
Please visit the City of Jonesboro's Holiday Schedule
How do I dispose of paint?